Some mornings just start out awesome. You know, the days where you wake up and you think, “Yeah, I’m gonna rock today.”
Once I became a parent though, my “rocking days” changed a bit and I had one of those mornings this morning when I said, “Today is going to be amazing.” And I said it sarcastically through gritted teeth.
Now, don’t tell me you haven’t had one of these days recently, parents.
1. Before I even went to bed last night, around 11 pm, my 4 year old had woken up, crying. Reason? He needed to use the bathroom.
2. After putting said boy to bed, he cried again. Why? He was thirsty. So he drank half a water bottle. I finally had to pull it away from him for fear he’d pee the bed.
3. I stayed up way too late last night binge watching my latest obsession.
4. Said 4 year old woke up again at 1 pm just to cry.
5. My alarm went off at 5:45 am and luckily my friend had texted that we weren’t exercising this morning. Thank goodness because I had forgotten and would not have even been there.
6. My 4 year old woke up at 5:46 in tears again. Needed to pee. Set him on the toilet because he just couldn’t handle doing it himself. Sat on the toilet. He peed on the floor.
7. At 6:01 am, he was out of the shower (because somehow it got everywhere) and laid down on my bed.
8. At 6:46 am, he was in tears again. His leg hurts.
7. At 6:59 the 6 year old wakes up. She’s happy … she never wakes up happy. Something’s wrong. We’re going to have to find out when she gets back from school.
8. At 7:15, the boy is in tears again. I asked him if he wanted strawberry or mixed berry yogurt.
9. At 7:56, he’s in tears because I asked him if he wanted to go to school today.
10. Then he cried off and on for the next 2 hours for various reasons: socks on the wrong feet (what?), I touched his blanket, I wouldn’t pick him up, I wouldn’t put him down, I left the room, I needed to go run errands, I wanted to exercise …
Dear heavens, please tell me I’m not alone in this and that this day is almost over. 10:01 am?! What?!!!!